Alvesco® (ciclesonide) Inhalation Aerosol has small particles of asthma medicine that are designed to reach deep into the airways — to deliver asthma medicine where it may help to reduce asthma inflammation.1,2,* As a prodrug, it activates in the lung to minimize systemic exposure.1,3
*Alvesco is indicated for the maintenance treatment of asthma as prophylactic therapy in adult and adolescent patients 12 years of age and older.
IMPORTANT LIMITATIONS OF USE:
- Alvesco is NOT indicated for the relief of acute bronchospasm
- Alvesco is NOT indicated for children under 12 years of age
- Alvesco [prescribing information]. Covis Pharma; December 2022.
- Newman S, Salmon A, Nave R, Drollman A. High lung deposition of 99mTc-labeled ciclesonide administered via HFA-MDI to patients with asthma. Respiratory Medicine. 2006;100:375-384.
- Chopra D, Bhandari B, Wardhan N. Ciclesonide—a novel corticosteroid for the management of asthma. Curr Clin Pharmacol. 2012;7(2): 73-77.